The same shortcuts you are used to on Mac are available now on iOS too. This is especially useful if you have an iPad / iPad Pro and use an external keyboard to type on it. Only moving todos up and down via shortcuts is not supported. Here is a list of the shortcuts:
- ⌘N = Create a new general note
- ⌥⇥ = Switch between Calendar and Notes view
- ⇧⌘N = Switch to notes view
- ⇧⌘C = Switch to calendar view
- ⌘T = Edit “Today”
- ⌘Y = Edit “Yesterday”
- ⇧⌘T = Edit “Tomorrow”
- ←→↑↓ = Navigate calendar dates
- ⌘←, ⌘→ = Show previous month, show next month
- ⌘F = Search calendar
- ↩ = Open selected day
- ⌘R = Reload calendar
- ←→↑↓ = Navigate notes
- ⌘F = Search notes
- ⇧⌘⌫ = Delete currently selected note
- ↩ = Open selected note
- ⌥⌘→ = Edit next note or day
- ⌥⌘← = Edit previous note or day
- ⌘[ = Go back (in history)
- ⌘] = Go forward (in history)
- ⌘K = Insert Link
- ⌘B = Bold
- ⌘I =Italic
- ⌘1, ⌘2, ⌘3, ⌘4 = Heading
- ⌘L = Unordered list / todo
- ⇧⌘L = Ordered list / numbered todo
- ⌥⌘L = “GFM” todo (* [ ] todo)
- ⇧⌥⌘L = Numbered “GFM” todo (1. [ ] todo)
- ⌘D = Mark todo as done
- ⇧⌘D = Schedule todo
- ⌘R = Mark as canceled
- ⎋ = (escape) return to notes or calendar
And the standard shortcuts such as undo/redo, copy, paste, tab, back-tab, etc are supported.
Like on macOS you can switch back to the previously opened note using swipe. For example, you read some details on a project note which is currently open. Then you switch to “today” to add a few todos regarding this project. If you want to look up another detail from the project note, you don’t have to tap through the menus to open it, you can just swipe right and then slightly up to select the back icon. Release the swipe and done, you should see the last note you have viewed before the current one (and vice-versa to go forward in the note history):
- New: Shortcuts added for external keyboard support. Almost all shortcuts from the Mac version are ported. Use a Bluetooth keyboard on your iPad (or even iPhone) to navigate NotePlan using shortcuts!
- New: History-back button added. When swiping a note horizontally to the right you can go back to the last note you have opened additionally to going to “yesterday”. Same for swiping left and going forward.
- Fixed: Links were not properly displayed in the summary view below the calendar.
- Fixed: Two links inside one text-block were not detected correctly.
- Fixed: General notes were overwritten when switching between notes before the current was saved automatically.
- Fixed: Share Extension duplicated content, if something was added manually (again).